omap4-v4l2-camera:omap4-v4l2-camera.git
6 years agoomap3isp: Move setting constaints above media_entity_pipeline_start
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:33:03 +0000 (18:33 +0200)]
omap3isp: Move setting constaints above media_entity_pipeline_start

The clock rate for l3_ick will soon be read during pipeline validation which
is now part of media_entity_pipeline_start(). For that reason we set
constraints earlier on.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
6 years agoomap3: add definition for CONTROL_CAMERA_PHY_CTRL
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:33:02 +0000 (18:33 +0200)]
omap3: add definition for CONTROL_CAMERA_PHY_CTRL

This register is available only in OMAP3630.

The original patch was submitted by Vimarsh Zutshi.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
6 years agoomap3isp: Move definitions required by board code under include/media.
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:33:01 +0000 (18:33 +0200)]
omap3isp: Move definitions required by board code under include/media.

XCLK definitions are often required by the board code. Move them to public
include file.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
6 years agoomap3isp: Support additional in-memory compressed bayer formats
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:33:00 +0000 (18:33 +0200)]
omap3isp: Support additional in-memory compressed bayer formats

This also prevents accessing NULL pointer in csi2_try_format().

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
6 years agov4l: Allow changing control handler lock
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:59 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
v4l: Allow changing control handler lock

Allow choosing the lock used by the control handler. This may be handy
sometimes when a driver providing multiple subdevs does not want to use
several locks to serialise its functions.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
6 years agov4l: Implement v4l2_subdev_link_validate()
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:58 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
v4l: Implement v4l2_subdev_link_validate()

v4l2_subdev_link_validate() is the default op for validating a link. In V4L2
subdev context, it is used to call a pad op which performs the proper link
check without much extra work.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
6 years agov4l: Improve sub-device documentation for pad ops
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:57 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
v4l: Improve sub-device documentation for pad ops

Document that format related configuration is done through pad ops in case
the driver does use the media framework.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
6 years agomedia: Add link_validate() op to check links to the sink pad
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:56 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
media: Add link_validate() op to check links to the sink pad

The purpose of the link_validate() op is to allow an entity driver to ensure
that the properties of the pads at the both ends of the link are suitable
for starting the pipeline. link_validate is called on sink pads on active
links which belong to the active part of the graph.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
6 years agov4l: Add DPCM compressed raw bayer pixel formats
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:55 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
v4l: Add DPCM compressed raw bayer pixel formats

Add three other colour orders for 10-bit to 8-bit DPCM compressed raw bayer
pixel formats.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
6 years agov4l: Document raw bayer 4CC codes
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:54 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
v4l: Document raw bayer 4CC codes

Document guidelines how 4CC codes should be named. Only raw bayer is
included currently. Other formats should be documented later on.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
6 years agov4l: Image processing control class
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:53 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
v4l: Image processing control class

Add control class for image processing controls. The control class deals
with controls processing image, for example digital gain or noise filtering,
which can be present in any part of the pipeline.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
6 years agov4l: Image source control class
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:52 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
v4l: Image source control class

Add image source control class. This control class is intended to contain
low level controls which deal with control of the image capture process ---
the A/D converter in image sensors, for example.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
6 years agov4l: Mark VIDIOC_SUBDEV_G_CROP and VIDIOC_SUBDEV_S_CROP obsolete
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:51 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
v4l: Mark VIDIOC_SUBDEV_G_CROP and VIDIOC_SUBDEV_S_CROP obsolete

These two IOCTLS are obsoleted by VIDIOC_SUBDEV_G_SELECTION and
VIDIOC_SUBDEV_S_SELECTION. Mark them obsolete.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
6 years agov4l: Add subdev selections documentation
Sakari Ailus [Mon, 20 Feb 2012 01:56:48 +0000 (03:56 +0200)]
v4l: Add subdev selections documentation

Add documentation for V4L2 subdev selection API. This changes also
experimental V4L2 subdev API so that scaling now works through selection API
only.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
6 years agov4l: Add subdev selections documentation: svg and dia files
Sakari Ailus [Fri, 2 Mar 2012 17:30:16 +0000 (19:30 +0200)]
v4l: Add subdev selections documentation: svg and dia files

Add svga and dia files for V4L2 subdev selections documentation.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
6 years agov4l: Support s_crop and g_crop through s/g_selection
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:48 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
v4l: Support s_crop and g_crop through s/g_selection

Fall back to s_selection if s_crop isn't implemented by a driver. Same for
g_selection / g_crop.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
6 years agov4l: Check pad number in get try pointer functions
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:47 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
v4l: Check pad number in get try pointer functions

Unify functions to get try pointers and validate the pad number accessed by
the user.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
6 years agov4l: vdev_to_v4l2_subdev() should have return type "struct v4l2_subdev *"
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:46 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
v4l: vdev_to_v4l2_subdev() should have return type "struct v4l2_subdev *"

vdev_to_v4l2_subdev() should return struct v4l2_subdev *, not void *. Fix
this.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
6 years agov4l: VIDIOC_SUBDEV_S_SELECTION and VIDIOC_SUBDEV_G_SELECTION IOCTLs
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:45 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
v4l: VIDIOC_SUBDEV_S_SELECTION and VIDIOC_SUBDEV_G_SELECTION IOCTLs

Add support for VIDIOC_SUBDEV_S_SELECTION and VIDIOC_SUBDEV_G_SELECTION
IOCTLs. They replace functionality provided by VIDIOC_SUBDEV_S_CROP and
VIDIOC_SUBDEV_G_CROP IOCTLs and also add new functionality (composing).

VIDIOC_SUBDEV_G_CROP and VIDIOC_SUBDEV_S_CROP continue to be supported.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
6 years agovivi: Add an integer menu test control
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:44 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
vivi: Add an integer menu test control

Add an integer menu test control for the vivi driver.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
6 years agov4l: Document integer menu controls
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:43 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
v4l: Document integer menu controls

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
6 years agov4l: Introduce integer menu controls
Sakari Ailus [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:32:42 +0000 (18:32 +0200)]
v4l: Introduce integer menu controls

Create a new control type called V4L2_CTRL_TYPE_INTEGER_MENU. Integer menu
controls are just like menu controls but the menu items are 64-bit integers
rather than strings.

Signed-off-by: Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Tested-by: Sylwester Nawrocki <s.nawrocki@samsung.com>
6 years agoarm: Add support for CMA for omap4iss driver for3.4
Sergio Aguirre [Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:23:16 +0000 (16:23 -0500)]
arm: Add support for CMA for omap4iss driver

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <sergio.a.aguirre@gmail.com>
6 years agoomap2plus: Add support for omap4iss camera
Sergio Aguirre [Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:23:16 +0000 (16:23 -0500)]
omap2plus: Add support for omap4iss camera

Also add support for following sensors:
- OV5640
- OV5650

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <sergio.a.aguirre@gmail.com>
6 years agopanda: camera: Adapt to new ov56x0 platform data
Sergio Aguirre [Fri, 4 May 2012 03:01:51 +0000 (22:01 -0500)]
panda: camera: Adapt to new ov56x0 platform data

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <saaguirre@ti.com>
6 years agoarm: omap4panda: Add support for omap4iss camera
Sergio Aguirre [Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:23:16 +0000 (16:23 -0500)]
arm: omap4panda: Add support for omap4iss camera

This adds support for camera interface with the support for
following sensors:

- OV5640
- OV5650

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <sergio.a.aguirre@gmail.com>
6 years agoarm: omap4430sdp: Add support for omap4iss camera
Sergio Aguirre [Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:23:16 +0000 (16:23 -0500)]
arm: omap4430sdp: Add support for omap4iss camera

This adds support for camera interface with the support for
following sensors:

- OV5640
- OV5650

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <sergio.a.aguirre@gmail.com>
6 years agov4l: Add support for ov5650 sensor
Sergio Aguirre [Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:23:15 +0000 (16:23 -0500)]
v4l: Add support for ov5650 sensor

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <sergio.a.aguirre@gmail.com>
6 years agov4l: Add support for ov5640 sensor
Sergio Aguirre [Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:23:15 +0000 (16:23 -0500)]
v4l: Add support for ov5640 sensor

This adds a very limited driver for ov5640, which
only supports:
 - 2592x1944 @ ~7.5 fps
 - 1920x1080 @ ~15 fps,
 - 1280x720 @ ~24 fps,
 - 640x480 @ ~24 fps,
 - 320x240 @ ~24 fps,

All in YUV422i format, using 1 CSI2 datalane @ 333 MHz.

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <sergio.a.aguirre@gmail.com>
6 years agov4l: Add support for omap4iss driver
Sergio Aguirre [Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:23:15 +0000 (16:23 -0500)]
v4l: Add support for omap4iss driver

This adds a very simplistic driver to utilize the
CSI2A/B interfaces inside the ISS subsystem in OMAP4,
and dump the data to memory.

Check newly added Documentation/video4linux/omap4_camera.txt
for details.

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <sergio.a.aguirre@gmail.com>
6 years agoOMAP4: Add base addresses for ISS
Sergio Aguirre [Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:23:15 +0000 (16:23 -0500)]
OMAP4: Add base addresses for ISS

NOTE: This isn't the whole list of features that the
ISS supports, but the only ones supported at the moment.

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <sergio.a.aguirre@gmail.com>
6 years agoOMAP4: hwmod: Include CSI2A/B and CSIPHY1/2 memory sections
Sergio Aguirre [Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:23:15 +0000 (16:23 -0500)]
OMAP4: hwmod: Include CSI2A/B and CSIPHY1/2 memory sections

In memory, They are in this particular order:
- CSI2A
- CSIPHY1
- CSI2B
- CSIPHY2

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <sergio.a.aguirre@gmail.com>
6 years agoomap2+: Add GPIO_TWL6040 to defconfig
Sergio Aguirre [Fri, 4 May 2012 23:13:49 +0000 (18:13 -0500)]
omap2+: Add GPIO_TWL6040 to defconfig

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <saaguirre@ti.com>
6 years agoARM: OMAP2PLUS: Select TWL6040_CORE
Sergio Aguirre [Fri, 4 May 2012 23:12:55 +0000 (18:12 -0500)]
ARM: OMAP2PLUS: Select TWL6040_CORE

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <saaguirre@ti.com>
6 years agomfd: twl6040: Create gpo platform data structure
Sergio Aguirre [Mon, 7 May 2012 14:12:56 +0000 (09:12 -0500)]
mfd: twl6040: Create gpo platform data structure

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <saaguirre@ti.com>
6 years agomfd: twl6040: Add twl6040-gpio child
Sergio Aguirre [Fri, 4 May 2012 16:53:15 +0000 (11:53 -0500)]
mfd: twl6040: Add twl6040-gpio child

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <saaguirre@ti.com>
6 years agogpio: Add basic support for TWL6040 GPOs
Sergio Aguirre [Fri, 4 May 2012 16:52:39 +0000 (11:52 -0500)]
gpio: Add basic support for TWL6040 GPOs

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <saaguirre@ti.com>
6 years agomfd: twl6040: Fix wrong TWL6040_GPO3 bitfield value
Sergio Aguirre [Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:23:14 +0000 (16:23 -0500)]
mfd: twl6040: Fix wrong TWL6040_GPO3 bitfield value

The define should be the result of 1 << Bit number.

Bit number for GPOCTL.GPO3 field is 2, which results
in 0x4 value.

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <sergio.a.aguirre@gmail.com>
6 years agov4l2-ctrls: Fix warning for missing struct file definition
Sergio Aguirre [Wed, 2 May 2012 13:41:53 +0000 (08:41 -0500)]
v4l2-ctrls: Fix warning for missing struct file definition

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <saaguirre@ti.com>
6 years agoiommu/omap: Fix build error when IOMMU_API is not defined
Sergio Aguirre [Wed, 2 May 2012 13:40:09 +0000 (08:40 -0500)]
iommu/omap: Fix build error when IOMMU_API is not defined

Signed-off-by: Sergio Aguirre <saaguirre@ti.com>
6 years agoLinux 3.4 master
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 20 May 2012 22:29:13 +0000 (15:29 -0700)]
Linux 3.4

6 years agoMerge tag 'parisc-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/parisc-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 19 May 2012 22:30:15 +0000 (15:30 -0700)]
Merge tag 'parisc-fixes' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jejb/parisc-2.6

Pull PA-RISC fixes from James Bottomley:
 "This is a set of three bug fixes that gets parisc running again on
  systems with PA1.1 processors.

  Two fix regressions introduced in 2.6.39 and one fixes a prefetch bug
  that only affects PA7300LC processors.  We also have another pending
  fix to do with the sectional arrangement of vmlinux.lds, but there's a
  query on it during testing on one particular system type, so I'll hold
  off sending it in for now."

* tag 'parisc-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/parisc-2.6:
  [PARISC] fix panic on prefetch(NULL) on PA7300LC
  [PARISC] fix crash in flush_icache_page_asm on PA1.1
  [PARISC] fix PA1.1 oops on boot

6 years agoMerge branch 'x86/ld-fix' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 19 May 2012 22:28:22 +0000 (15:28 -0700)]
Merge branch 'x86/ld-fix' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

Pull x86 linker bug workarounds from Peter Anvin.

GNU ld-2.22.52.0.[12] (*) has an unfortunate bug where it incorrectly
turns certain relocation entries absolute.  Section-relative symbols
that are part of otherwise empty sections are silently changed them to
absolute.  We rely on section-relative symbols staying section-relative,
and actually have several sections in the linker script solely for this
purpose.

See for example

   http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=14052

We could just black-list the buggy linker, but it appears that it got
shipped in at least F17, and possibly other distros too, so it's sadly
not some rare unusual case.

This backports the workaround from the x86/trampoline branch, and as
Peter says: "This is not a minimal fix, not at all, but it is a tested
code base."

* 'x86/ld-fix' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  x86, relocs: When printing an error, say relative or absolute
  x86, relocs: Workaround for binutils 2.22.52.0.1 section bug
  x86, realmode: 16-bit real-mode code support for relocs tool

(*) That's a manly release numbering system. Stupid, sure. But manly.

6 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 19 May 2012 17:12:17 +0000 (10:12 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block

Pull block layer fixes from Jens Axboe:
 "A few small, but important fixes.  Most of them are marked for stable
  as well

   - Fix failure to release a semaphore on error path in mtip32xx.
   - Fix crashable condition in bio_get_nr_vecs().
   - Don't mark end-of-disk buffers as mapped, limit it to i_size.
   - Fix for build problem with CONFIG_BLOCK=n on arm at least.
   - Fix for a buffer overlow on UUID partition printing.
   - Trivial removal of unused variables in dac960."

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block:
  block: fix buffer overflow when printing partition UUIDs
  Fix blkdev.h build errors when BLOCK=n
  bio allocation failure due to bio_get_nr_vecs()
  block: don't mark buffers beyond end of disk as mapped
  mtip32xx: release the semaphore on an error path
  dac960: Remove unused variables from DAC960_CreateProcEntries()

6 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 19 May 2012 17:10:59 +0000 (10:10 -0700)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/net

Pull one more networking bug-fix from David Miller:
 "One last straggler.

  Eric Dumazet's pktgen unload oops fix was not entirely complete, but
  all the cases should be handled properly now....  fingers crossed."

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net:
  pktgen: fix module unload for good

6 years agomemcg,thp: fix res_counter:96 regression
Hugh Dickins [Fri, 18 May 2012 18:28:34 +0000 (11:28 -0700)]
memcg,thp: fix res_counter:96 regression

Occasionally, testing memcg's move_charge_at_immigrate on rc7 shows
a flurry of hundreds of warnings at kernel/res_counter.c:96, where
res_counter_uncharge_locked() does WARN_ON(counter->usage < val).

The first trace of each flurry implicates __mem_cgroup_cancel_charge()
of mc.precharge, and an audit of mc.precharge handling points to
mem_cgroup_move_charge_pte_range()'s THP handling in commit 12724850e806
("memcg: avoid THP split in task migration").

Checking !mc.precharge is good everywhere else, when a single page is to
be charged; but here the "mc.precharge -= HPAGE_PMD_NR" likely to
follow, is liable to result in underflow (a lot can change since the
precharge was estimated).

Simply check against HPAGE_PMD_NR: there's probably a better
alternative, trying precharge for more, splitting if unsuccessful; but
this one-liner is safer for now - no kernel/res_counter.c:96 warnings
seen in 26 hours.

Signed-off-by: Hugh Dickins <hughd@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
6 years agox86, relocs: When printing an error, say relative or absolute
H. Peter Anvin [Fri, 18 May 2012 16:52:01 +0000 (09:52 -0700)]
x86, relocs: When printing an error, say relative or absolute

When the relocs tool throws an error, let the error message say if it
is an absolute or relative symbol.  This should make it a lot more
clear what action the programmer needs to take and should help us find
the reason if additional symbol bugs show up.

Signed-off-by: H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
6 years agox86, relocs: Workaround for binutils 2.22.52.0.1 section bug
H. Peter Anvin [Fri, 18 May 2012 07:24:09 +0000 (00:24 -0700)]
x86, relocs: Workaround for binutils 2.22.52.0.1 section bug

GNU ld 2.22.52.0.1 has a bug that it blindly changes symbols from
section-relative to absolute if they are in a section of zero length.
This turns the symbols __init_begin and __init_end into absolute
symbols.  Let the relocs program know that those should be treated as
relative symbols.

Reported-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>
Cc: H.J. Lu <hjl.tools@gmail.com>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Jarkko Sakkinen <jarkko.sakkinen@intel.com>
6 years agox86, realmode: 16-bit real-mode code support for relocs tool
H. Peter Anvin [Tue, 8 May 2012 18:22:24 +0000 (21:22 +0300)]
x86, realmode: 16-bit real-mode code support for relocs tool

A new option is added to the relocs tool called '--realmode'.
This option causes the generation of 16-bit segment relocations
and 32-bit linear relocations for the real-mode code. When
the real-mode code is moved to the low-memory during kernel
initialization, these relocation entries can be used to
relocate the code properly.

In the assembly code 16-bit segment relocations must be relative
to the 'real_mode_seg' absolute symbol. Linear relocations must be
relative to a symbol prefixed with 'pa_'.

16-bit segment relocation is used to load cs:ip in 16-bit code.
Linear relocations are used in the 32-bit code for relocatable
data references. They are declared in the linker script of the
real-mode code.

The relocs tool is moved to arch/x86/tools/relocs.c, and added new
target archscripts that can be used to build scripts needed building
an architecture.  be compiled before building the arch/x86 tree.

[ hpa: accelerating this because it detects invalid absolute
  relocations, a serious bug in binutils 2.22.52.0.x which currently
  produces bad kernels. ]

Signed-off-by: H. Peter Anvin <hpa@linux.intel.com>
Link: http://lkml.kernel.org/r/1336501366-28617-2-git-send-email-jarkko.sakkinen@intel.com
Signed-off-by: Jarkko Sakkinen <jarkko.sakkinen@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: H. Peter Anvin <hpa@linux.intel.com>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
6 years agoMerge tag 'dm-3.4-fixes-2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agk/linux-dm
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 19 May 2012 01:22:45 +0000 (18:22 -0700)]
Merge tag 'dm-3.4-fixes-2' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/agk/linux-dm

Pull a dm fix from Alasdair G Kergon:
 "A fix to the thin provisioning userspace interface."

* tag 'dm-3.4-fixes-2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agk/linux-dm:
  dm thin: fix table output when pool target disables discard passdown internally

6 years agodm thin: fix table output when pool target disables discard passdown internally
Mike Snitzer [Sat, 19 May 2012 00:01:01 +0000 (01:01 +0100)]
dm thin: fix table output when pool target disables discard passdown internally

When the thin pool target clears the discard_passdown parameter
internally, it incorrectly changes the table line reported to userspace.
This breaks dumb string comparisons on these table lines in generic
userspace device-mapper library code and leads to tables being reloaded
repeatedly when nothing is actually meant to be changing.

This patch corrects this by no longer changing the table line when
discard passdown was disabled.

We can still tell when discard passdown is overridden by looking for the
message "Discard unsupported by data device (sdX): Disabling discard passdown."

This automatic detection is also moved from the 'load' to the 'resume'
so that it is re-evaluated should the properties of underlying devices
change.

Signed-off-by: Mike Snitzer <snitzer@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Joe Thornber <ejt@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Alasdair G Kergon <agk@redhat.com>
6 years agoMerge tag 'md-3.4-fixes' of git://neil.brown.name/md
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 18 May 2012 23:19:59 +0000 (16:19 -0700)]
Merge tag 'md-3.4-fixes' of git://neil.brown.name/md

Pull one more md bugfix from NeilBrown:
 "Fix bug in recent fix to RAID10.

  Without this patch, recovery will crash"

* tag 'md-3.4-fixes' of git://neil.brown.name/md:
  md/raid10: fix transcription error in calc_sectors conversion.

6 years agoMerge branch 'stable' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmetcalf/linux...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 18 May 2012 23:16:42 +0000 (16:16 -0700)]
Merge branch 'stable' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/cmetcalf/linux-tile

Pull tile tree bugfix from Chris Metcalf:
 "This fixes a security vulnerability (and correctness bug) in tilegx"

* 'stable' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmetcalf/linux-tile:
  tilegx: enable SYSCALL_WRAPPERS support

6 years agomd/raid10: fix transcription error in calc_sectors conversion.
NeilBrown [Fri, 18 May 2012 23:01:13 +0000 (09:01 +1000)]
md/raid10: fix transcription error in calc_sectors conversion.

The old code was
sector_div(stride, fc);
the new code was
sector_dir(size, conf->near_copies);

'size' is right (the stride various wasn't really needed), but
'fc' means 'far_copies', and that is an important difference.

Signed-off-by: NeilBrown <neilb@suse.de>
6 years agoMerge branch 'akpm' (Andrew's patch-bomb)
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 18 May 2012 22:56:25 +0000 (15:56 -0700)]
Merge branch 'akpm' (Andrew's patch-bomb)

Merge misc fixes from Andrew Morton.

* emailed from Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>: (4 patches)
  frv: delete incorrect task prototypes causing compile fail
  slub: missing test for partial pages flush work in flush_all()
  fs, proc: fix ABBA deadlock in case of execution attempt of map_files/ entries
  drivers/rtc/rtc-pl031.c: configure correct wday for 2000-01-01

6 years agoproc: move fd symlink i_mode calculations into tid_fd_revalidate()
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 18 May 2012 18:32:15 +0000 (11:32 -0700)]
proc: move fd symlink i_mode calculations into tid_fd_revalidate()

Instead of doing the i_mode calculations at proc_fd_instantiate() time,
move them into tid_fd_revalidate(), which is where the other inode state
(notably uid/gid information) is updated too.

Otherwise we'll end up with stale i_mode information if an fd is re-used
while the dentry still hangs around.  Not that anything really *cares*
(symlink permissions don't really matter), but Tetsuo Handa noticed that
the owner read/write bits don't always match the state of the
readability of the file descriptor, and we _used_ to get this right a
long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Besides, aside from fixing an ugly detail (that has apparently been this
way since commit 61a28784028e: "proc: Remove the hard coded inode
numbers" in 2006), this removes more lines of code than it adds.  And it
just makes sense to update i_mode in the same place we update i_uid/gid.

Al Viro correctly points out that we could just do the inode fill in the
inode iops ->getattr() function instead.  However, that does require
somewhat slightly more invasive changes, and adds yet *another* lookup
of the file descriptor.  We need to do the revalidate() for other
reasons anyway, and have the file descriptor handy, so we might as well
fill in the information at this point.

Reported-by: Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@i-love.sakura.ne.jp>
Cc: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Acked-by: Eric Biederman <ebiederm@xmission.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
6 years agopktgen: fix module unload for good
Eric Dumazet [Thu, 17 May 2012 23:52:26 +0000 (23:52 +0000)]
pktgen: fix module unload for good

commit c57b5468406 (pktgen: fix crash at module unload) did a very poor
job with list primitives.

1) list_splice() arguments were in the wrong order

2) list_splice(list, head) has undefined behavior if head is not
initialized.

3) We should use the list_splice_init() variant to clear pktgen_threads
list.

Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
6 years agotilegx: enable SYSCALL_WRAPPERS support
Chris Metcalf [Fri, 18 May 2012 17:33:24 +0000 (13:33 -0400)]
tilegx: enable SYSCALL_WRAPPERS support

Some discussion with the glibc mailing lists revealed that this was
necessary for 64-bit platforms with MIPS-like sign-extension rules
for 32-bit values.  The original symptom was that passing (uid_t)-1 to
setreuid() was failing in programs linked -pthread because of the "setxid"
mechanism for passing setxid-type function arguments to the syscall code.
SYSCALL_WRAPPERS handles ensuring that all syscall arguments end up with
proper sign-extension and is thus the appropriate fix for this problem.

On other platforms (s390, powerpc, sparc64, and mips) this was fixed
in 2.6.28.6.  The general issue is tracked as CVE-2009-0029.

Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf@tilera.com>
6 years agoMerge tag 'linus-mce-fix' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ras/ras
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 18 May 2012 16:42:20 +0000 (09:42 -0700)]
Merge tag 'linus-mce-fix' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ras/ras

Pull a machine check recovery fix from Tony Luck.

I really don't like how the MCE code does some of the things it does,
but this does seem to be an improvement.

* tag 'linus-mce-fix' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ras/ras:
  x86/mce: Only restart instruction after machine check recovery if it is safe

6 years agofrv: delete incorrect task prototypes causing compile fail
Paul Gortmaker [Fri, 18 May 2012 00:03:26 +0000 (17:03 -0700)]
frv: delete incorrect task prototypes causing compile fail

Commit 41101809a865 ("fork: Provide weak arch_release_[task_struct|
thread_info] functions") in -tip highlights a problem in the frv arch,
where it has needles prototypes for alloc_task_struct_node and
free_task_struct.  This now shows up as:

  kernel/fork.c:120:66: error: static declaration of 'alloc_task_struct_node' follows non-static declaration
  kernel/fork.c:127:51: error: static declaration of 'free_task_struct' follows non-static declaration

since that commit turned them into real functions.  Since arch/frv does
does not define define __HAVE_ARCH_TASK_STRUCT_ALLOCATOR (i.e.  it just
uses the generic ones) it shouldn't list these at all.

Signed-off-by: Paul Gortmaker <paul.gortmaker@windriver.com>
Cc: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
6 years agoslub: missing test for partial pages flush work in flush_all()
majianpeng [Fri, 18 May 2012 00:03:26 +0000 (17:03 -0700)]
slub: missing test for partial pages flush work in flush_all()

I found some kernel messages such as:

    SLUB raid5-md127: kmem_cache_destroy called for cache that still has objects.
    Pid: 6143, comm: mdadm Tainted: G           O 3.4.0-rc6+        #75
    Call Trace:
    kmem_cache_destroy+0x328/0x400
    free_conf+0x2d/0xf0 [raid456]
    stop+0x41/0x60 [raid456]
    md_stop+0x1a/0x60 [md_mod]
    do_md_stop+0x74/0x470 [md_mod]
    md_ioctl+0xff/0x11f0 [md_mod]
    blkdev_ioctl+0xd8/0x7a0
    block_ioctl+0x3b/0x40
    do_vfs_ioctl+0x96/0x560
    sys_ioctl+0x91/0xa0
    system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b

Then using kmemleak I found these messages:

    unreferenced object 0xffff8800b6db7380 (size 112):
      comm "mdadm", pid 5783, jiffies 4294810749 (age 90.589s)
      hex dump (first 32 bytes):
        01 01 db b6 ad 4e ad de ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff  .....N..........
        ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff 98 40 4a 82 ff ff ff ff  .........@J.....
      backtrace:
        kmemleak_alloc+0x21/0x50
        kmem_cache_alloc+0xeb/0x1b0
        kmem_cache_open+0x2f1/0x430
        kmem_cache_create+0x158/0x320
        setup_conf+0x649/0x770 [raid456]
        run+0x68b/0x840 [raid456]
        md_run+0x529/0x940 [md_mod]
        do_md_run+0x18/0xc0 [md_mod]
        md_ioctl+0xba8/0x11f0 [md_mod]
        blkdev_ioctl+0xd8/0x7a0
        block_ioctl+0x3b/0x40
        do_vfs_ioctl+0x96/0x560
        sys_ioctl+0x91/0xa0
        system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b

This bug was introduced by commit a8364d5555b ("slub: only IPI CPUs that
have per cpu obj to flush"), which did not include checks for per cpu
partial pages being present on a cpu.

Signed-off-by: majianpeng <majianpeng@gmail.com>
Cc: Gilad Ben-Yossef <gilad@benyossef.com>
Acked-by: Christoph Lameter <cl@linux.com>
Cc: Pekka Enberg <penberg@kernel.org>
Tested-by: Jeff Layton <jlayton@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
6 years agofs, proc: fix ABBA deadlock in case of execution attempt of map_files/ entries
Cyrill Gorcunov [Fri, 18 May 2012 00:03:25 +0000 (17:03 -0700)]
fs, proc: fix ABBA deadlock in case of execution attempt of map_files/ entries

map_files/ entries are never supposed to be executed, still curious
minds might try to run them, which leads to the following deadlock

  ======================================================
  [ INFO: possible circular locking dependency detected ]
  3.4.0-rc4-24406-g841e6a6 #121 Not tainted
  -------------------------------------------------------
  bash/1556 is trying to acquire lock:
   (&sb->s_type->i_mutex_key#8){+.+.+.}, at: do_lookup+0x267/0x2b1

  but task is already holding lock:
   (&sig->cred_guard_mutex){+.+.+.}, at: prepare_bprm_creds+0x2d/0x69

  which lock already depends on the new lock.

  the existing dependency chain (in reverse order) is:

  -> #1 (&sig->cred_guard_mutex){+.+.+.}:
         validate_chain+0x444/0x4f4
         __lock_acquire+0x387/0x3f8
         lock_acquire+0x12b/0x158
         __mutex_lock_common+0x56/0x3a9
         mutex_lock_killable_nested+0x40/0x45
         lock_trace+0x24/0x59
         proc_map_files_lookup+0x5a/0x165
         __lookup_hash+0x52/0x73
         do_lookup+0x276/0x2b1
         walk_component+0x3d/0x114
         do_last+0xfc/0x540
         path_openat+0xd3/0x306
         do_filp_open+0x3d/0x89
         do_sys_open+0x74/0x106
         sys_open+0x21/0x23
         tracesys+0xdd/0xe2

  -> #0 (&sb->s_type->i_mutex_key#8){+.+.+.}:
         check_prev_add+0x6a/0x1ef
         validate_chain+0x444/0x4f4
         __lock_acquire+0x387/0x3f8
         lock_acquire+0x12b/0x158
         __mutex_lock_common+0x56/0x3a9
         mutex_lock_nested+0x40/0x45
         do_lookup+0x267/0x2b1
         walk_component+0x3d/0x114
         link_path_walk+0x1f9/0x48f
         path_openat+0xb6/0x306
         do_filp_open+0x3d/0x89
         open_exec+0x25/0xa0
         do_execve_common+0xea/0x2f9
         do_execve+0x43/0x45
         sys_execve+0x43/0x5a
         stub_execve+0x6c/0xc0

This is because prepare_bprm_creds grabs task->signal->cred_guard_mutex
and when do_lookup happens we try to grab task->signal->cred_guard_mutex
again in lock_trace.

Fix it using plain ptrace_may_access() helper in proc_map_files_lookup()
and in proc_map_files_readdir() instead of lock_trace(), the caller must
be CAP_SYS_ADMIN granted anyway.

Signed-off-by: Cyrill Gorcunov <gorcunov@openvz.org>
Reported-by: Sasha Levin <levinsasha928@gmail.com>
Cc: Konstantin Khlebnikov <khlebnikov@openvz.org>
Cc: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Cc: Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com>
Cc: Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@openwall.com>
Cc: Oleg Nesterov <oleg@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
6 years agodrivers/rtc/rtc-pl031.c: configure correct wday for 2000-01-01
Rajkumar Kasirajan [Fri, 18 May 2012 00:03:24 +0000 (17:03 -0700)]
drivers/rtc/rtc-pl031.c: configure correct wday for 2000-01-01

The reset date of the ST Micro version of PL031 is 2000-01-01.  The
correct weekday for 2000-01-01 is saturday, but pl031 is initialized to
sunday.  This may lead to alarm malfunction, so configure the correct
wday if RTC_DR indicates reset.

Signed-off-by: Rajkumar Kasirajan <rajkumar.kasirajan@stericsson.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Cc: Mattias Wallin <mattias.wallin@stericsson.com>
Cc: Alessandro Zummo <a.zummo@towertech.it>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
6 years agoMerge branch 'fixes' of git://git.linaro.org/people/rmk/linux-arm
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 17 May 2012 23:52:29 +0000 (16:52 -0700)]
Merge branch 'fixes' of git://git.linaro.org/people/rmk/linux-arm

Pull ARM fixes from Russell King:
 "Small set of fixes again."

* 'fixes' of git://git.linaro.org/people/rmk/linux-arm:
  ARM: 7419/1: vfp: fix VFP flushing regression on sigreturn path
  ARM: 7418/1: LPAE: fix access flag setup in mem_type_table
  ARM: prevent VM_GROWSDOWN mmaps extending below FIRST_USER_ADDRESS
  ARM: 7417/1: vfp: ensure preemption is disabled when enabling VFP access

6 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 17 May 2012 23:30:26 +0000 (16:30 -0700)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/net

Pull two networking fixes from David S. Miller:

1) Thanks to Willy Tarreau and Eric Dumazet, we've unlocked a bug that's
   been present in do_tcp_sendpages() since that function was written in
   2002.

   When we block to wait for memory we have to unconditionally try and
   push out pending TCP data, otherwise we can block for an unreasonably
   long amount of time.

2) Fix deadlock in e1000, fixes kernel bugzilla 43132

   From Tushar Dave.

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net:
  e1000: Prevent reset task killing itself.
  tcp: do_tcp_sendpages() must try to push data out on oom conditions

6 years agoACPI / PCI / PM: Fix device PM regression related to D3hot/D3cold
Rafael J. Wysocki [Thu, 17 May 2012 22:39:35 +0000 (00:39 +0200)]
ACPI / PCI / PM: Fix device PM regression related to D3hot/D3cold

Commit 1cc0c998fdf2 ("ACPI: Fix D3hot v D3cold confusion") introduced a
bug in __acpi_bus_set_power() and changed the behavior of
acpi_pci_set_power_state() in such a way that it generally doesn't work
as expected if PCI_D3hot is passed to it as the second argument.

First off, if ACPI_STATE_D3 (equal to ACPI_STATE_D3_COLD) is passed to
__acpi_bus_set_power() and the explicit_set flag is set for the D3cold
state, the function will try to execute AML method called "_PS4", which
doesn't exist.

Fix this by adding a check to ensure that the name of the AML method
to execute for transitions to ACPI_STATE_D3_COLD is correct in
__acpi_bus_set_power().  Also make sure that the explicit_set flag
for ACPI_STATE_D3_COLD will be set if _PS3 is present and modify
acpi_power_transition() to avoid accessing power resources for
ACPI_STATE_D3_COLD, because they don't exist.

Second, if PCI_D3hot is passed to acpi_pci_set_power_state() as the
target state, the function will request a transition to
ACPI_STATE_D3_HOT instead of ACPI_STATE_D3.  However,
ACPI_STATE_D3_HOT is now only marked as supported if the _PR3 AML
method is defined for the given device, which is rare.  This causes
problems to happen on systems where devices were successfully put
into ACPI D3 by pci_set_power_state(PCI_D3hot) which doesn't work
now.  In particular, some unused graphics adapters are not turned
off as a result.

To fix this issue restore the old behavior of
acpi_pci_set_power_state(), which is to request a transition to
ACPI_STATE_D3 (equal to ACPI_STATE_D3_COLD) if either PCI_D3hot or
PCI_D3cold is passed to it as the argument.

This approach is not ideal, because generally power should not
be removed from devices if PCI_D3hot is the target power state,
but since this behavior is relied on, we have no choice but to
restore it at the moment and spend more time on designing a
better solution in the future.

References: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43228
Reported-by: rocko <rockorequin@hotmail.com>
Reported-by: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@opensuse.org>
Reported-and-tested-by: Peter <lekensteyn@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
6 years agoe1000: Prevent reset task killing itself.
Tushar Dave [Thu, 17 May 2012 01:04:50 +0000 (01:04 +0000)]
e1000: Prevent reset task killing itself.

Killing reset task while adapter is resetting causes deadlock.
Only kill reset task if adapter is not resetting.
Ref bug #43132 on bugzilla.kernel.org

CC: stable@vger.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Tushar Dave <tushar.n.dave@intel.com>
Tested-by: Aaron Brown <aaron.f.brown@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Kirsher <jeffrey.t.kirsher@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
6 years agotcp: do_tcp_sendpages() must try to push data out on oom conditions
Willy Tarreau [Thu, 17 May 2012 11:14:14 +0000 (11:14 +0000)]
tcp: do_tcp_sendpages() must try to push data out on oom conditions

Since recent changes on TCP splicing (starting with commits 2f533844
"tcp: allow splice() to build full TSO packets" and 35f9c09f "tcp:
tcp_sendpages() should call tcp_push() once"), I started seeing
massive stalls when forwarding traffic between two sockets using
splice() when pipe buffers were larger than socket buffers.

Latest changes (net: netdev_alloc_skb() use build_skb()) made the
problem even more apparent.

The reason seems to be that if do_tcp_sendpages() fails on out of memory
condition without being able to send at least one byte, tcp_push() is not
called and the buffers cannot be flushed.

After applying the attached patch, I cannot reproduce the stalls at all
and the data rate it perfectly stable and steady under any condition
which previously caused the problem to be permanent.

The issue seems to have been there since before the kernel migrated to
git, which makes me think that the stalls I occasionally experienced
with tux during stress-tests years ago were probably related to the
same issue.

This issue was first encountered on 3.0.31 and 3.2.17, so please backport
to -stable.

Signed-off-by: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
Acked-by: Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
6 years agoMerge branch '3.4-urgent' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nab/target...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 17 May 2012 20:25:17 +0000 (13:25 -0700)]
Merge branch '3.4-urgent' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/nab/target-pending

Pull two more target-core updates from Nicholas Bellinger:
 "The first patch addresses a SPC-2 reservations RELEASE bug in a
  special (iscsi specific) multi-ISID setup case that was allowing the
  same initiator to be able to incorrect release it's own reservation on
  a different SCSI path with enforce_pr_isid=1 operation.  This bug was
  caught by Bernhard Kohl.

  The second patch is to address a bug with FILEIO backends where the
  incorrect number of blocks for READ_CAPACITY was being reported after
  an underlying device-mapper block_device size change.  This patch uses
  now i_size_read() in fd_get_blocks() for FILEIO backends with an
  underlying block_device, instead of trying to determine this value at
  setup time during fd_create_virtdevice().  (hch CC'ed)

  Both are CC'ed to stable."

* '3.4-urgent' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nab/target-pending:
  target: Fix bug in handling of FILEIO + block_device resize ops
  target: Fix SPC-2 RELEASE bug for multi-session iSCSI client setups

6 years agotarget: Fix bug in handling of FILEIO + block_device resize ops
Nicholas Bellinger [Wed, 16 May 2012 23:05:26 +0000 (16:05 -0700)]
target: Fix bug in handling of FILEIO + block_device resize ops

This patch fixes a bug in the handling of FILEIO w/ underlying block_device
resize operations where the original fd_dev->fd_dev_size was incorrectly being
used in fd_get_blocks() for READ_CAPACITY response payloads.

This patch avoids using fd_dev->fd_dev_size for FILEIO devices with
an underlying block_device, and instead changes fd_get_blocks() to
get the sector count directly from i_size_read() as recommended by hch.

Reported-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Nicholas Bellinger <nab@linux-iscsi.org>
6 years agoMerge branch 'fixes' of git://git.infradead.org/users/vkoul/slave-dma
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 17 May 2012 16:57:13 +0000 (09:57 -0700)]
Merge branch 'fixes' of git://git.infradead.org/users/vkoul/slave-dma

Pull slave-dmaengine fixes fromVinod Koul:
 "fixes of cylic dma usages in slave dma drivers"

* 'fixes' of git://git.infradead.org/users/vkoul/slave-dma:
  dmaengine: fix cyclic dma usage
  dmaengine: pl330: dont complete descriptor for cyclic dma

6 years agoMerge tag 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 17 May 2012 16:55:58 +0000 (09:55 -0700)]
Merge tag 'for_linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost

Pull last minute virtio fixes from Michael S. Tsirkin:
 "Here are a couple of last minute virtio fixes for 3.4.  Hope it's not
  too late yes - I might have tried too hard to make sure the fix is
  well tested.

  Fixes are by Amit and myself.  One fixes module removal and one
  suspend of a VM, the last one the handling of out of memory condition.

  They are thus very low risk as most people never hit these paths, but
  do fix very annoying problems for people that do use the feature.

Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com>"
* tag 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost:
  virtio_net: invoke softirqs after __napi_schedule
  virtio: balloon: let host know of updated balloon size before module removal
  virtio: console: tell host of open ports after resume from s3/s4

6 years agoMerge tag 'fixes-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 17 May 2012 16:46:07 +0000 (09:46 -0700)]
Merge tag 'fixes-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc

Pull ARM: SoC fixes from Olof Johansson:
 "I will stop trying to predict when we're done with fixes for a
  release.

  Here's another small batch of three patches for arm-soc:

   - A fix for a boot time WARN_ON() due to irq domain conversion on
     PRIMA2
   - Fix for a regression in Tegra SMP spinup code due to swapped
     register offsets
   - Fixed config dependency for mv_cesa crypto driver to avoid build
     breakage"

* tag 'fixes-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc:
  ARM: PRIMA2: fix irq domain size and IRQ mask of internal interrupt controller
  crypto: mv_cesa requires on CRYPTO_HASH to build
  ARM: tegra: Fix flow controller accesses

6 years agoMerge tag 'md-3.4-fixes' of git://neil.brown.name/md
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 17 May 2012 16:44:35 +0000 (09:44 -0700)]
Merge tag 'md-3.4-fixes' of git://neil.brown.name/md

Pull two md fixes from NeilBrown:
 "One fixes a bug in the new raid10 resize code so is relevant to 3.4
  only.

  The other fixes a bug in the use of md by dm-raid, so is relevant to
  any kernel with dm-raid support"

* tag 'md-3.4-fixes' of git://neil.brown.name/md:
  MD: Add del_timer_sync to mddev_suspend (fix nasty panic)
  md/raid10: set dev_sectors properly when resizing devices in array.

6 years agoMerge branches 'perf-urgent-for-linus', 'x86-urgent-for-linus' and 'sched-urgent...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 17 May 2012 16:35:17 +0000 (09:35 -0700)]
Merge branches 'perf-urgent-for-linus', 'x86-urgent-for-linus' and 'sched-urgent-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

Pull perf, x86 and scheduler updates from Ingo Molnar.

* 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  tracing: Do not enable function event with enable
  perf stat: handle ENXIO error for perf_event_open
  perf: Turn off compiler warnings for flex and bison generated files
  perf stat: Fix case where guest/host monitoring is not supported by kernel
  perf build-id: Fix filename size calculation

* 'x86-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  x86, kvm: KVM paravirt kernels don't check for CPUID being unavailable
  x86: Fix section annotation of acpi_map_cpu2node()
  x86/microcode: Ensure that module is only loaded on supported Intel CPUs

* 'sched-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  sched: Fix KVM and ia64 boot crash due to sched_groups circular linked list assumption

6 years agoARM: 7419/1: vfp: fix VFP flushing regression on sigreturn path
Will Deacon [Tue, 15 May 2012 14:51:54 +0000 (15:51 +0100)]
ARM: 7419/1: vfp: fix VFP flushing regression on sigreturn path

Commit ff9a184c ("ARM: 7400/1: vfp: clear fpscr length and stride bits
on entry to sig handler") flushes the VFP state prior to entering a
signal handler so that a VFP operation inside the handler will trap and
force a restore of ABI-compliant registers. Reflushing and disabling VFP
on the sigreturn path is predicated on the saved thread state indicating
that VFP was used by the handler -- however for SMP platforms this is
only set on context-switch, making the check unreliable and causing VFP
register corruption in userspace since the register values are not
necessarily those restored from the sigframe.

This patch unconditionally flushes the VFP state after a signal handler.
Since we already perform the flush before the handler and the flushing
itself happens lazily, the redundant flush when VFP is not used by the
handler is essentially a nop.

Reported-by: Jon Medhurst <tixy@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Jon Medhurst <tixy@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Will Deacon <will.deacon@arm.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
6 years agoARM: 7418/1: LPAE: fix access flag setup in mem_type_table
Vitaly Andrianov [Tue, 15 May 2012 14:01:16 +0000 (15:01 +0100)]
ARM: 7418/1: LPAE: fix access flag setup in mem_type_table

A zero value for prot_sect in the memory types table implies that
section mappings should never be created for the memory type in question.
This is checked for in alloc_init_section().

With LPAE, we set a bit to mask access flag faults for kernel mappings.
This breaks the aforementioned (!prot_sect) check in alloc_init_section().

This patch fixes this bug by first checking for a non-zero
prot_sect before setting the PMD_SECT_AF flag.

Signed-off-by: Vitaly Andrianov <vitalya@ti.com>
Acked-by: Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@arm.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
6 years agovirtio_net: invoke softirqs after __napi_schedule
Michael S. Tsirkin [Wed, 16 May 2012 07:57:12 +0000 (10:57 +0300)]
virtio_net: invoke softirqs after __napi_schedule

__napi_schedule might raise softirq but nothing
causes do_softirq to trigger, so it does not in fact
run. As a result,
the error message "NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 08"
sometimes occurs during boot of a KVM guest when the network service is
started and we are oom:

  ...
  Bringing up loopback interface:  [  OK  ]
  Bringing up interface eth0:
  Determining IP information for eth0...NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 08
   done.
  [  OK  ]
  ...

Further, receive queue processing might get delayed
indefinitely until some interrupt triggers:
virtio_net expected napi to be run immediately.

One way to cause do_softirq to be executed is by
invoking local_bh_enable(). As __napi_schedule is
normally called from bh or irq context, this
seems to make sense: disable bh before __napi_schedule
and enable afterwards.

In fact it's a very complicated way of calling do_softirq(),
and works since this function is only used when we are not
in interrupt context.  It's not hot at all, in any ideal scenario.

Reported-by: Ulrich Obergfell <uobergfe@redhat.com>
Tested-by: Ulrich Obergfell <uobergfe@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au>
6 years agovirtio: balloon: let host know of updated balloon size before module removal
Amit Shah [Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:15:56 +0000 (00:45 +0530)]
virtio: balloon: let host know of updated balloon size before module removal

When the balloon module is removed, we deflate the balloon, reclaiming
all the pages that were given to the host.  However, we don't update the
config values for the new balloon size, resulting in the host showing
outdated balloon values.

The size update is done after each leak and fill operation, only the
module removal case was left out.

Signed-off-by: Amit Shah <amit.shah@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com>
6 years agovirtio: console: tell host of open ports after resume from s3/s4
Amit Shah [Wed, 25 Apr 2012 09:10:39 +0000 (14:40 +0530)]
virtio: console: tell host of open ports after resume from s3/s4

If a port was open before going into one of the sleep states, the port
can continue normal operation after restore.  However, the host has to
be told that the guest side of the connection is open to restore
pre-suspend state.

This wasn't noticed so far due to a bug in qemu that was fixed recently
(which marked the guest-side connection as always open).

CC: stable@vger.kernel.org # Only for 3.3
Signed-off-by: Amit Shah <amit.shah@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com>
6 years agoARM: PRIMA2: fix irq domain size and IRQ mask of internal interrupt controller
Barry Song [Thu, 17 May 2012 03:28:55 +0000 (11:28 +0800)]
ARM: PRIMA2: fix irq domain size and IRQ mask of internal interrupt controller

the old codes will cause 3.4 kernel warning as irq domain size is wrong:
------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: at kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:74 irq_domain_legacy_revmap+0x24/0x48()
Modules linked in:
[<c0013f50>] (unwind_backtrace+0x0/0xf8) from [<c001e7d8>] (warn_slowpath_common+0x54/0x64)
[<c001e7d8>] (warn_slowpath_common+0x54/0x64) from [<c001e804>] (warn_slowpath_null+0x1c/0x24)
[<c001e804>] (warn_slowpath_null+0x1c/0x24) from [<c005c3c4>] (irq_domain_legacy_revmap+0x24/0x48)
[<c005c3c4>] (irq_domain_legacy_revmap+0x24/0x48) from [<c005c704>] (irq_create_mapping+0x20/0x120)
[<c005c704>] (irq_create_mapping+0x20/0x120) from [<c005c880>] (irq_create_of_mapping+0x7c/0xf0)
[<c005c880>] (irq_create_of_mapping+0x7c/0xf0) from [<c01a6c48>] (irq_of_parse_and_map+0x2c/0x34)
[<c01a6c48>] (irq_of_parse_and_map+0x2c/0x34) from [<c01a6c68>] (of_irq_to_resource+0x18/0x74)
[<c01a6c68>] (of_irq_to_resource+0x18/0x74) from [<c01a6ce8>] (of_irq_count+0x24/0x34)
[<c01a6ce8>] (of_irq_count+0x24/0x34) from [<c01a7220>] (of_device_alloc+0x58/0x158)
[<c01a7220>] (of_device_alloc+0x58/0x158) from [<c01a735c>] (of_platform_device_create_pdata+0x3c/0x80)
[<c01a735c>] (of_platform_device_create_pdata+0x3c/0x80) from [<c01a7468>] (of_platform_bus_create+0xc8/0x190)
[<c01a7468>] (of_platform_bus_create+0xc8/0x190) from [<c01a74cc>] (of_platform_bus_create+0x12c/0x190)
---[ end trace 1b75b31a2719ed32 ]---

Signed-off-by: Barry Song <Baohua.Song@csr.com>
Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
6 years agoMD: Add del_timer_sync to mddev_suspend (fix nasty panic)
Jonathan Brassow [Wed, 16 May 2012 09:06:14 +0000 (04:06 -0500)]
MD: Add del_timer_sync to mddev_suspend (fix nasty panic)

Use del_timer_sync to remove timer before mddev_suspend finishes.

We don't want a timer going off after an mddev_suspend is called.  This is
especially true with device-mapper, since it can call the destructor function
immediately following a suspend.  This results in the removal (kfree) of the
structures upon which the timer depends - resulting in a very ugly panic.
Therefore, we add a del_timer_sync to mddev_suspend to prevent this.

Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: NeilBrown <neilb@suse.de>
6 years agomd/raid10: set dev_sectors properly when resizing devices in array.
NeilBrown [Thu, 17 May 2012 00:08:45 +0000 (10:08 +1000)]
md/raid10: set dev_sectors properly when resizing devices in array.

raid10 stores dev_sectors in 'conf' separately from the one in
'mddev' because it can have a very significant effect on block
addressing and so need to be updated carefully.

However raid10_resize isn't updating it at all!

To update it correctly, we need to make sure it is a proper
multiple of the chunksize taking various details of the layout
in to account.
This calculation is currently done in setup_conf.   So split it
out from there and call it from raid10_resize as well.
Then set conf->dev_sectors properly.

Signed-off-by: NeilBrown <neilb@suse.de>
6 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 16 May 2012 21:30:51 +0000 (14:30 -0700)]
Merge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm

Pull kvm powerpc fixes from Marcelo Tosatti:
 "Urgent KVM PPC updates, quoting Alexander Graf:

    There are a few bugs in 3.4 that really should be fixed before
    people can be all happy and fuzzy about KVM on PowerPC.  These fixes
    are:

     * fix POWER7 bare metal with PR=y
     * fix deadlock on HV=y book3s_64 mode in low memory cases
     * fix invalid MMU scope of PR=y mode on book3s_64, possibly eading
       to memory corruption"

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm:
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix bug leading to deadlock in guest HPT updates
  powerpc/kvm: Fix VSID usage in 64-bit "PR" KVM
  KVM: PPC: Book3S: PR: Fix hsrr code
  KVM: PPC: Fix PR KVM on POWER7 bare metal
  KVM: PPC: Book3S: PR: Handle EMUL_ASSIST

6 years agoMerge tag 'sound-3.4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 16 May 2012 21:29:45 +0000 (14:29 -0700)]
Merge tag 'sound-3.4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound

Pull sound fixes from Takashi Iwai:
 "A few last-minute regression fixes for 3.4 final kernel.  All trivial,
  and Cc'ed to stable kernel."

* tag 'sound-3.4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound:
  ASoC: wm8994: Fix AIF2ADC power down
  ALSA: hda/idt - Fix power-map for speaker-pins with some HP laptops
  ASoC: cs42l73: Sync digital mixer kcontrols to allow for 0dB

6 years agoMerge tag 'rproc-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ohad...
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 16 May 2012 21:26:05 +0000 (14:26 -0700)]
Merge tag 'rproc-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ohad/remoteproc

Pull remoteproc fix from Ohad Ben-Cohen:
 "Fix a nasty off-by-one remoteproc bug which leaks memory when a remote
  processor is shut down and, on certain circumstances, can indirectly
  prevent it from being reloaded."

* tag 'rproc-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ohad/remoteproc:
  remoteproc: fix off-by-one bug in __rproc_free_vrings

6 years agoMerge git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 16 May 2012 21:22:38 +0000 (14:22 -0700)]
Merge git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6

Pull CIFS fix from Jeff Layton

* git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6:
  cifs: fix misspelling of "forcedirectio"

6 years agoMerge branch 'stable' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmetcalf/linux...
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 16 May 2012 21:21:41 +0000 (14:21 -0700)]
Merge branch 'stable' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/cmetcalf/linux-tile

Pull two Tile arch fixes from Chris Metcalf:
 "These are both bug-fixes, one to avoid some issues in how we invoke
  the "pending userspace work" flags on return to userspace, and the
  other to provide the same signal handler arguments for tilegx32 that
  we do for tilegx64."

* 'stable' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmetcalf/linux-tile:
  arch/tile: apply commit 74fca9da0 to the compat signal handling as well
  arch/tile: fix up some issues in calling do_work_pending()

6 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 16 May 2012 20:14:52 +0000 (13:14 -0700)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/net

Pull networking tree from David Miller:

1) ptp_pch driver build broke during this merge window due to missing
   slab.h header, fix from Geery Uytterhoeven.

2) If ipset passes in a bogus hash table size we crash because the size
   is not validated properly.  Compounding this, gcc-4.7 can miscompile
   ipset such that even when the user specifies legitimate parameters
   the tool passes in an out-of-range size to the kernel.

   Fix from Jozsef Kadlecsik.

3) Users have reported that the netdev watchdog can trigger with pch_gbe
   devices, and it turns out this is happening because of races in the
   TX path of the driver leading to the transmitter hanging.  Fix from
   Eric Dumazet, reported and tested by Andy Cress.

4) Novatel USB551L devices match the generic class entries for the cdc
   ethernet USB driver, but they don't work because they have generic
   descriptors and thus need FLAG_WWAN to function properly.

   Add the necessary ID table entry to fix this, from Dan Williams.

5) A recursive locking fix in the USBNET driver added a new problem, in
   that packet list traversal is now racy and we can thus access
   unlinked SKBs and crash.

   Avoid this situation by adding some extra state tracking, from Ming
   Lei.

6) The rtlwifi conversion to asynchronous firmware loading is racy, fix
   by reordering the probe procedure.  From Larry Finger.

   Fixes: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43187

7) Fix regressions with bluetooth keyboards by notifying userland
   properly when the security level changes, from Gustavo Padovan.

8) Bluetooth needs to make sure device connected events are emitted
   before other kinds of events, otherwise userspace will think there is
   no baseband link yet and therefore abort the sockets associated with
   that connection.

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net:
  netfilter: ipset: fix hash size checking in kernel
  ptp_pch: Add missing #include <linux/slab.h>
  pch_gbe: fix transmit races
  cdc_ether: add Novatel USB551L device IDs for FLAG_WWAN
  usbnet: fix skb traversing races during unlink(v2)
  Bluetooth: mgmt: Fix device_connected sending order
  Bluetooth: notify userspace of security level change
  rtlwifi: fix for race condition when firmware is cached

6 years agoarch/tile: apply commit 74fca9da0 to the compat signal handling as well
Chris Metcalf [Wed, 16 May 2012 18:54:20 +0000 (14:54 -0400)]
arch/tile: apply commit 74fca9da0 to the compat signal handling as well

This passes siginfo and mcontext to tilegx32 signal handlers that
don't have SA_SIGINFO set just as we have been doing for tilegx64.

Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf@tilera.com>
6 years agoarch/tile: fix up some issues in calling do_work_pending()
Chris Metcalf [Sat, 28 Apr 2012 22:51:43 +0000 (18:51 -0400)]
arch/tile: fix up some issues in calling do_work_pending()

First, we were at risk of handling thread-info flags, in particular
do_signal(), when returning from kernel space.  This could happen
after a failed kernel_execve(), or when forking a kernel thread.
The fix is to test in do_work_pending() for user_mode() and return
immediately if so; we already had this test for one of the flags,
so I just hoisted it to the top of the function.

Second, if a ptraced process updated the callee-saved registers
in the ptregs struct and then processed another thread-info flag, we
would overwrite the modifications with the original callee-saved
registers.  To fix this, we add a register to note if we've already
saved the registers once, and skip doing it on additional passes
through the loop.  To avoid a performance hit from the couple of
extra instructions involved, I modified the GET_THREAD_INFO() macro
to be guaranteed to be one instruction, then bundled it with adjacent
instructions, yielding an overall net savings.

Reported-By: Al Viro <viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf@tilera.com>
6 years agonetfilter: ipset: fix hash size checking in kernel
Jozsef Kadlecsik [Mon, 14 May 2012 01:47:01 +0000 (01:47 +0000)]
netfilter: ipset: fix hash size checking in kernel

The hash size must fit both into u32 (jhash) and the max value of
size_t. The missing checking could lead to kernel crash, bug reported
by Seblu.

Signed-off-by: Jozsef Kadlecsik <kadlec@blackhole.kfki.hu>
Signed-off-by: Pablo Neira Ayuso <pablo@netfilter.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
6 years agoptp_pch: Add missing #include <linux/slab.h>
Geert Uytterhoeven [Wed, 16 May 2012 01:50:17 +0000 (01:50 +0000)]
ptp_pch: Add missing #include <linux/slab.h>

drivers/ptp/ptp_pch.c: In function 'pch_remove':
drivers/ptp/ptp_pch.c:576:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'kfree' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/ptp/ptp_pch.c: In function 'pch_probe':
drivers/ptp/ptp_pch.c:587:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'kzalloc' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Acked-by: Richard Cochran <richardcochran@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
6 years agocifs: fix misspelling of "forcedirectio"
Jeff Layton [Wed, 16 May 2012 11:12:26 +0000 (07:12 -0400)]
cifs: fix misspelling of "forcedirectio"

...and add a "directio" synonym since that's what the manpage has
always advertised.

Acked-by: Sachin Prabhu <sprabhu@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Layton <jlayton@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Steve French <sfrench@us.ibm.com>
6 years agoARM: prevent VM_GROWSDOWN mmaps extending below FIRST_USER_ADDRESS
Russell King [Wed, 16 May 2012 14:19:20 +0000 (15:19 +0100)]
ARM: prevent VM_GROWSDOWN mmaps extending below FIRST_USER_ADDRESS

Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Reported-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
6 years agoMerge branch 'for-3.4/fixes-for-final' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Arnd Bergmann [Wed, 16 May 2012 13:47:11 +0000 (15:47 +0200)]
Merge branch 'for-3.4/fixes-for-final' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/swarren/linux-tegra into fixes

* 'for-3.4/fixes-for-final' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/swarren/linux-tegra:
  ARM: tegra: Fix flow controller accesses

Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
6 years agoMerge branch 'marvell_fixes_for_v3.4' of git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux...
Arnd Bergmann [Wed, 16 May 2012 13:44:34 +0000 (15:44 +0200)]
Merge branch 'marvell_fixes_for_v3.4' of git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux into fixes

* 'marvell_fixes_for_v3.4' of git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux:
  crypto: mv_cesa requires on CRYPTO_HASH to build

Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
6 years agoKVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix bug leading to deadlock in guest HPT updates
Paul Mackerras [Wed, 9 May 2012 23:49:24 +0000 (23:49 +0000)]
KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix bug leading to deadlock in guest HPT updates

When handling the H_BULK_REMOVE hypercall, we were forgetting to
invalidate and unlock the hashed page table entry (HPTE) in the case
where the page had been paged out.  This fixes it by clearing the
first doubleword of the HPTE in that case.

This fixes a regression introduced in commit a92bce95f0 ("KVM: PPC:
Book3S HV: Keep HPTE locked when invalidating").  The effect of the
regression is that the host kernel will sometimes hang when under
memory pressure.

Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
Signed-off-by: Alexander Graf <agraf@suse.de>
6 years agopowerpc/kvm: Fix VSID usage in 64-bit "PR" KVM
Benjamin Herrenschmidt [Fri, 23 Mar 2012 00:21:14 +0000 (11:21 +1100)]
powerpc/kvm: Fix VSID usage in 64-bit "PR" KVM

The code forgot to scramble the VSIDs the way we normally do
and was basically using the "proto VSID" directly with the MMU.

This means that in practice, KVM used random VSIDs that could
collide with segments used by other user space programs.

Signed-off-by: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
[agraf: simplify ppc32 case]
Signed-off-by: Alexander Graf <agraf@suse.de>
6 years agoKVM: PPC: Book3S: PR: Fix hsrr code
Alexander Graf [Thu, 10 May 2012 01:58:50 +0000 (03:58 +0200)]
KVM: PPC: Book3S: PR: Fix hsrr code

When jumping back into the kernel to code that knows that it would be
using HSRR registers instead of SRR registers, we need to make sure we
pass it all information on where to jump to in HSRR registers.

Unfortunately, we used r10 to store the information to distinguish between
the HSRR and SRR case. That register got clobbered in between though,
rendering the later comparison invalid.

Instead, let's use cr1 to store this information. That way we don't
need yet another register and everyone's happy.

This fixes PR KVM on POWER7 bare metal for me.

Signed-off-by: Alexander Graf <agraf@suse.de>